We are currently looking for a Technical Assistant to join our growing technical department.
In this brand-new role for the business, you will be based at our Midlands depot in Halesowen, working on multiple projects, with training and support aimed at development and progression.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will work with the team to provide technical expertise to the rest of the business.
A key part of this role will be the maintenance of our Remote Fleet Monitoring (RFM) system, which provides us with full visibility of our temporary power equipment whilst out on hire.
The role will be largely office based, with the potential for some site-based work on occasion and comes with a competitive salary, 25 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Responsibilities include (but are not restricted to) the following:
- Provide support to the Technical Manager and RFM Controller in their daily activity, working on projects to ensure optimum performance of our temporary equipment.
- Working within our RFM system:
- to set up and remove monitoring of generators and fuel tanks as and when they are placed on and off-hire.
- Setting up alerts and triggers to allow real-time monitoring of equipment out in the field.
- Programming routine reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
Desired skills and experience:
We are looking for a well-organised individual who;
- Has strong administration skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of matters, as and when they arise, and deal with them in a professional and timely manner.
- Can demonstrate high levels of both oral and written communication skills to forge strong internal and external relationships across all levels of business.
- Has the capacity to work autonomously and to prioritise their workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Has a desire to develop in this new role and learn new skills.
- Can thrive when both working as part of a team and as an individual.
- Has good business awareness and attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
Does this sound like the role for you? If so, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org